Long Distance Operator.
Who hasn’t dreamed of owning an awesome custom motorcycle? And who hasn’t dreamed of taking off for a weekend—or a week—and going on a nice long ride where the cell phone doesn’t ring and there’s no email to answer? That’s what the Honda Interstate is all about. With its 1312cc V-twin engine the Interstate is the ultimate expression of progressive retro cruiser styling, with one big difference: It’s built to go the (long) distance, with touring features like floorboards, roomy leather-clad saddlebags, and a custom windscreen.
Built for the long haul.
With its potent 1312cc, 52º V-twin, the Interstate delivers strong low- and mid-range torque, ample passing power, and an exhaust note that’s like a siren song for the open road.
The lap of luxury.
Long-distance riders know that the Interstate’s floorboards, saddlebags, and classic fork-mounted windscreen are all you need to turn this custom into a great open-road machine ready to take off at a minute’s notice.
Braking it down.
The Interstate features front and rear disc brakes, and the option of Honda’s Anti-lock brake system. That makes for powerful, sure stops. Because you never know what the open road is going to throw at you.
- 1312cc V-twin Engine: Powerful 1312cc, 52-degree V-twin engine with a single-pin crankshaft and dual balancers has plenty of torque, and the feel only a V-twin can deliver.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI): Forget about fiddling with a choke—the Interstate's fuel-injection system means no-hassle startups on cold mornings or at high altitudes, and optimal performance in any condition.
- Three-Valve Dual-Plug Combustion Chamber
- Shaft Final Drive: The shaft final drive is quiet, clean, and has been uniquely integrated into the overall design.
- Front and Rear Disc Brakes: The Interstate is equipped with powerful disc brakes at both ends.
- Heel-Toe Shifter: A handy, and old-school cruiser-style, heel-toe shifter is paired with the floorboards to make shifting through the gears a simple toe or heel tap away.
- Full-Size Floorboards: A must-have for every long-distance machine: large, roomy floorboards, with vibration-absorbing rubber inserts, to keep your size-12 dogs relaxed all day long.
- Color-Matched Frame: The Interstate's color-matched frame really gives this bike a finishing, custom touch.
- Chrome Fork Covers: Custom bikes can never have too much style, as the Interstate illustrates perfectly with its brilliant, eye-catching chrome fork covers.
- Windscreen: The stylish custom windscreen keeps wind and weather at bay, ensuring both rider and passenger cruise in ultimate touring comfort.
- Low-Slung Saddle: Measuring in at a low, easy-to-get-the-boots-down-when-stopping 26.8 inches, the Interstate's wide, cushy seat not only enhances the comfort level, but the styling as well.
- Hardcover Saddlebags: Roomy and built with stylish leather overlaying a protective hard case and cover, the Interstate's saddlebags are big enough to pack for a long trip—and durable enough to take it.
- Engine Type: 1312 cc liquid-cooled 52 deg. V-twin
- Bore And Stroke: 89.5 mm x 104.3 mm
- Induction: PGM-FI with automatic enrichment circuit, one 38 mm throttle body
- Ignition: Digital with 3-D mapping, two spark plugs per cylinder
- Compression Ratio: 9.2:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Five-speed
- Final Drive: Shaft
Chassis / Suspension / Brakes
- Front Suspension: 41 mm fork; 4.0 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Single shock; 3.9 in. travel
- Front Brake: Single 336 mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brake: 296 mm disc with single-piston caliper
- Front Tire: 140/80-17
- Rear Tire: 170/80-15
- Rake: 33 deg. (Caster Angle)
- Trail: 118 mm (4.6 in.)
- Wheelbase: 70.3 in.
- Seat Height: 26.8 in.
- Curb Weight: 712 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride.)
- Fuel Capacity: 4.4 gal.
- Mpg: 46 MPG
- Model Id: VT1300CT
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current California Air Resources Board (CARB) standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Black, Dark Red Metallic
Factory Warranty Information
- One Year: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Honda's fuel-economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of a ccessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.